How to buy a truck tractor?
The Autoline marketplace offers an extensive selection of different types of vehicles. Here you can find many options of truck tractors for sale.
Benefits of buying on the Autoline online platform:
- wide choice of vehicles
- secure buying mechanism
- verified sellers
- easy navigation on the site
- a wide range of price categories
- a well-established mechanism for protecting buyers and resolving disputes.
- simple and intuitive website interface
- the site is available in a large number of languages
- both new and used truck tractors are available
The main types of truck tractors and their classification
Truck tractors are of two types: European and American. The difference between truck tractors lies in the design of the cab. In the first case, the engine is installed under the driver, and in the second, in front of the cab.
The classification of cars is determined by the device of a truck tractor:
- location of the motor;
- wheel formula (4x2, 6x4, 6x6) - affects the degree of passability of special quipment;
- carrying capacity - depends on the number of axles (two or three) and the specific type of trailer;
- hitch height - high, normal, medium or low;
- chassis height: low, medium, normal, high.
- installation of additional auxiliary devices;
- material of manufacture.
Characteristic features of the European type of truck tractor:
- Hoodless arrangement with engine under the cab.
- Number of bridges: two, three, four or more. There is a "sloth", that is, when driving without a load, a pair of wheels can be raised to maintain the tread.
- Compact steel cab.
- There is an underride bar at the rear to prevent a small vehicle from accidentally driving under the frame.
- Disc brakes.
- On-board electrical system with a voltage of 24 volts.
The advantage of a European-type of truck tractors is higher maneuverability on city streets, a clearer gradation in terms of carrying capacity.
The American type of truck tractor can be recognized by the following features:
- Bonnet arrangement.
- Always three axes. Of the three bridges, two are leading.
- Motor - low-speed diesel.
- Suspension - adjustable pneumo balloon.
- Drum brakes.
- The cabin is made on a steel frame, with aluminum lining. Use plastic and wear-resistant fiberglass. The cab is large, as comfortable as possible (in recent years, the European type of truck tractors is almost at the same level in terms of comfort). Many models behind the driver's seat have a residential module with a full bed, stove, refrigerator and other equipment.
- On-board electrical network with a voltage of 12 volts.
Such vehicles deliver a large amount of cargo in one trip (depending on the structure of orders, you can choose a suitable semi-trailer model). This ensures high profitability of transportation, as a result, profit for the owner. Despite the length, compared to other types of tractors, they have better maneuverability. A semi-trailer tractor is easier to reverse than a truck with a trailer, so long loads can be hauled. The semi-trailer is aggregated easily and quickly, holding firmly.
The main disadvantage of American models is the long length due to the presence of a hood and a living compartment. This reduces maneuverability in populated areas. In terms of carrying capacity, the machines belong to the middle or heavy class. Compared to a similar truck, a truck tractor is less stable and has poorer cross-country ability. The downside is that it can only work with a semi-trailer. Although not everyone considers this a disadvantage, because the latter are offered in a wide range.
Nuances of choosing truck tractors
The choice of tractor depends on the material and design. To understand which tractor is better, you should carefully look at its device and take into account other parameters:
- power of truck tractor;
- hitch height;
- fuel consumption;
- engine class;
- for what purposes it will be used.
- you need a new or used truck tractor
The type of gearbox and the fuel tank of the required volume are also important. Before buying a truck tractor, be sure to draw up a specific plan for the requirements of the bus. Also, do not dismiss the possibility of buying a used truck tractor. The Autoline marketplace has many models of truck tractors for sale.